If your children are struggling with their homework and not improving with a teacher’s help, it may be time for online tutors. Here’s how they help!
by Mia Alison | Mia is a learning specialist who works with individuals or groups of students who are struggling academically at university level. She is currently researching peer-to-peer learning and online tutoring by being associated with a Canadian university tutoring platform thescholarsclub.com. The Scholars Club claims to be Uber for academic help. It lets university students find a private tutor according to the required support.
This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about affiliate links and how they work, please read our Affiliate Disclaimer HERE.
The ultimate meaning of education is gaining knowledge. The school was once considered the ultimate learning source. Homework and assignments are refreshments to boost their understanding level. However, with the student-teacher ratio in the classroom, it becomes difficult for the teacher to give undivided attention to every student. Overwhelmed with their surroundings, the students tend to misunderstand the purpose of the homework and end up simply copy-pasting the answers. This is where online tutoring services come into the picture.
The buzz of online tutoring is real. It has become a part of the lifestyle where education takes place on the Internet. It is as efficient as the physical classes, but with added benefits and convenience. Even though this concept has existed for a long time, it stole the limelight during the Covid-19 outbreak. You are now free from the worries of finding a home tutor close to your place.
Your child will need a mobile phone, laptop, and a good internet connection. Your child can choose a group session or a 1:1 session as per need and budget. The major benefit of an online tutoring platform is the possibility of choosing from a range of courses and tutors. They are flexible the way you want, based on your own standard time, and allow customization as per your child’s learning pace.
Before understanding how online tutors help students with their studies, let us first understand why they need extra help. Here is the list of challenges faced, for which they might seek help through tutoring websites.
- Proficiency: One of the widely faced issues is proficiency. It can be either confidence with the subject or with language. Such hurdles make them at loss, and thus their homework remains incomplete. Sometimes they want to learn a new concept or gain a better understanding of the concepts they learned already.
- Time: Some students need a lot of time to understand and implement time management skills effectively. They tend to indulge in other activities like social media surfing and thus lack time when it comes to finishing their homework. This compiles them to get help from the internet to complete the work in a rush.
- Distraction: The students’ life is full of distraction. Right from a simple TV to the mobile phone in their hand, everything holds the power to distract them. This is a general issue in their everyday lives and as a result, they seek online help to manage their studies.
Now let’s see why the students seek online help.
- Meet Deadlines: Students face difficulties as they are already not much versed in time management and are loaded with short deadlines. When they fail to do so, it will affect their grades. This is when they shift to online help to secure better grades by meeting deadlines on time.
- Explore: When the students start with their homework, they get into a loop of confusion and never-ending doubts. With the help of the internet, they can explore and gain more knowledge about the topics they are working on, allowing the student to learn & grow.
- Better Work: Every student wishes to submit a well-drafted assignment to score well. This is one of the reasons they seek online help. With online tutoring platforms, they get in touch with skilled professionals who guide them through their difficulties and make it easier for them to make a good impression on the teachers and perform well in class.
When you opt for the best online tutoring service for managing your child’s assignments, you get to spend more time doing other things. There are many helpful online resources, including several websites for homework assistance. Websites that offer homework assistance range from providing access to online instructors who may assist with your child’s particular needs to delivering textbook solutions. It makes sense to require help when trying to learn as much as possible to be the best student your child can be.
As a result, you can use some of these websites to enhance the students opportunities for learning. You will save time, money and energy by not having to commute your child back and forth to a tutor center. With the extra time you saved, you will have the ability to develop skills for your career or simply enjoy your free time to yourself.